DNV GL - Energy division is seeking a Renewable Energy Consultant - Engineer to join our Project Engineering team in Chile. This role is to enhance capabilities and increase resources of the Project Engineering (PE) team, which oversees Technical Due Diligences (TDD) for project financing, merge and acquisition (M&A) processes and construction monitoring services for wind energy projects.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated and enthusiastic about renewables and will be able to contribute to the team from an early stage. Typically, team members work in multiple projects over the course of the year and in several countries.
This position could be based out of our Santiago office.
Tasks may include:
- Construction monitoring to assess construction progress and control the quality of the work
- Monthly construction meeting organization with the contractor(s)
- Performance of technical due diligence:
- Assessment of Balance of Plant (civil and electrical infrastructure)
- Review electrical designs and perform electrical calculations when required
- Wind technology review and assessment of wind farm site suitability (climatic conditions, acoustic, ground conditions, etc.)
- Understanding of grid connection and Power Purchase Agreements
- Technical analysis of construction and operation contracts
- Understanding of project construction schedule
- Review of project authorizations, licenses or land securement contracts
- Evaluation of technical inputs for Project’s Financial Model
- Project management of small/medium/large projects (from 5MW to 1000MW)
- Owner and/or lender engineer during pre-construction (prior to Financial Close) and construction phase:
- Approval of contractual payment schedule condition precedents
- Approval of take-over condition precedents and punch list issuance
- Commercial follow-up (awareness of main industry conferences, market trends, proposal management and winning new business)
- Technology scouting and market watch
- Assistance with general group activities
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience within the renewable energy industry or renewable energy taught course modules required
- Knowledge of enforceable norms and regulations within the renewable industry
- Knowledge of general Latin America and Chilean energy market
- Experience in design, review and/or supervision/construction monitoring of renewable projects, electrical infrastructure works and/or grid interconnection
- Proficient in the most popular computer programs
- Excellent English and Spanish language skills (both in writing and speaking) required.
- Ability to work independently, be a self–starter, energetic
- Structured and service –minded approach, always focusing on delivering high quality results
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time, domestic, or up to 25% of the time, international
- Ability to work under pressure and manage several on–going projects
- Ability to complete small projects or portions of large projects on time and within budget
- Ability to thrive in an international and often hectic environment –lives the DNV GL values
- Business and customer oriented
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. DNV GL offers a congenial working environment, competitive salaries, and an exceptional benefits package.
Company & Business Area Description
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL delivers world-renowned testing and advisory services to the energy value chain including renewables and energy efficiency. Our expertise spans onshore and offshore wind power, solar, conventional generation, transmission and distribution, smart grids, and sustainable energy use, as well as energy markets and regulations. Our experts support customers around the globe in delivering a safe, reliable, efficient, and sustainable energy supply.
Equal Opportunity Statement
DNV GL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!